Friday, November 16, 2012

The McPharlins



You discover so much about yourself through your actions with those that you love.  You question why you love with such a burning intensity, and reflect upon how that changes the way you perceive life.  As long as I can remember, some of the closest people in my life are those that I had a blessing to travel along this journey of life with.  It wasn’t out of convenience that I was around these people, but out of luck.  I was lucky to have a childhood where the weekends were filled with hours of laughter.  We laughed till the early hours of the morning as a group, and sometimes we laughed in the early hours of the morning whilst whispering stories to one another at night. 

When my cousin Kalinz came to Sydney from Perth recently, I felt lucky that Bobby and I would be able to spend some time together with her and Luke.  I watched as Luke and Bobby witnessed a snippet of our childhoods replaying in front of them, as my parents and I laughed till it hurt with Kalinz.  Being able to share this and include their two young children, Willow and Bronte, made it all the more special, to know that we were forming droplets of memories within their minds.  One day, they too will look back upon these moments as lights within the corner of their minds.

Kalinz sent me a very sweet text message a couple of days ago, that literally brought me a harsh realisation that the way I see the world is truly worth sharing.  We go through our moments of doubt and lack of belief, but then there are these pockets in time that truly make you stop and revel in images that tell stories where words are absent but, all the more potent.


No comments:

Post a Comment