Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Special Father's Days

Two weeks ago, we celebrated a very special Father's Day.  After a short-lived yet fearfully anxious few days, I got back my father in one piece from the hospital.  I always have these morbid thoughts, of how I would feel should my parents or brother pass away suddenly, and even though it's never been a reality the sensation that it conjurs is enough to bring tears to my eyes.  This time though, it was almost a reality, and yet I had to summon every ounce of strength and positivity from within my skin and believe that everything was going to be ok despite not truly knowing what was going on.
Thankfully, my father is back home, and in good health, and I couldn't have been happier to spend the day with my wonderful family, and appreciating every moment of love that they inject into my life.
My parents are still very much the lovebirds that they were back in Iran.  Their adoration of one another glows, and is infectious.
























































1 comment:

  1. oh man, these photos of your parents are so touching. i love them so much! i esp. love the b/w shot of your mom running up to your dad with the shadows. i had no idea your father was in the hospital, fi! but i am so happy to know he's okay. beautiful shots. glad to see you're all happy. xxx.

    ReplyDelete