Friday, December 23, 2011

to those that did

I have to say that I am truly overwhelmed by the amount of love that has flowed down upon me from Bobby’s friends, by them reaching out and personally welcoming me into their lives.  A union such as marriage is one of the greatest parts of our journeys, and one that we will most often know is right for so many reasons.  However, our friends and family do not dwell within our heads, and know not our reasons for embarking on such a commitment with another person, yet it’s truly humbling when they know you so well that they can see your happiness, sense your abounding love, and trust your sound judgement.  This is taken to another level when those accepting friends stretch out their palms and pull you in, giving you an insight into their trust and approval for such a union to take place, and often loving you both so much to offer some pearls of invaluable wisdom that they would have learned along their own personal journeys.
Thank you to my friends, that have taken the time to get to know Bobby, even though you might not have met him in person, as yet.  It brings me great warmth and happiness to know that you have made an effort to get to know the person to whom I have chosen to spend the rest of my journey with. 
It truly is a saddness when your own limitations and boundaries prevent you from sharing in the happiness of those before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment